The purchase of this stamp/s will earn you 25 points valued at $0.50.
Tenth in a series of 12.
Set of ten single stamps from the souvenir sheet.
From the USPS:
"The 10th issuance in the Nature of America educational series "Great Lakes Dunes" illustrates the beauty and complexity of another major plant and animal community in the United States. To illustrate the diversity of species associated with Great Lakes dunes, artist John Dawson of Hilo, HI, working under the art direction of Ethel Kessler of Bethesda, MD, depicted more than 27 different kinds of plants and animals in his colorful acrylic painting. The scene itself is imaginary as a dense grouping of plants and animals was necessary to illustrate as many species as possible on the stamp pane. Even so, all of the species could be encountered at or near Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore in Michigan, the area featured on the pane. All of the species and their interactions are appropriate and were recommended by scientists."
- Marram Grass: Ammophila breviligulata
- Evening Primrose: Oenothera biennis
- Vesper Sparrow: Pooecetes gramineus
- Harebell: Campanula rotundifolia
- Tiger Beetle: Cicindela formosa
- Sand Cherry: Prunus pumila
- Thread-waisted Wasp: Ammophila harti
- Antlion larva: Myrmeleon immaculatus
- Red Fox: Vulpes vulpes
- Hairy Puccoon: Lithospermum caroliniense
- White-footed Mouse: Peromyscus leucopus
- Eastern Hognose Snake: Heterodon platirhinos
- Sand Reed Grass: Calamovilfa longifolia
- Piping Plover: Charadrius melodus
- Northern River Otter: Lontra canadensis
- Bumblebee: Bombus impatiens
- Pitcher's Thistle: Cirsium pitcheri
- Ring-billed Gull: Larus delawarensis
- Common Merganser: Mergus merganser
- Beach Pea: Lathyrus japonicus
- Piping Plover nestlings: Charadrius melodus
- Merlin: Falco columbarius
- Spotted Sandpiper: Actitis macularius
- American Sea-rocket: Cakile edentula
- Mayfly: Hexagenia sp.
- Red Admiral Butterfly: Vanessa atalanta
- Petoskey Stones: Hexagonaria percarinata